GENERAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When You voluntarily submit Your personally identifiable information, You are giving express consent to BackShield for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
Our primary goals in collecting personal information are (1) to process any orders You might place with us for merchandise, (2) to provide You with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience, (3) to send You information upon your request, (4) to conduct demographic analysis, (5) to ensure the Site’s functionality works as intended now or in the future, (6) to ensure users are using the Site properly and for its intended purposes, and (7) to communicate with You about our products and the Site and your participation within it.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information BackShield may also collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of this Website, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. Information gathered may be used in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans. We may share or transfer such aggregate, non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees and partners.
Please be assured that accepting a cookie does not give us access to your computer or personal information under any circumstances. If you disable cookies, you may be unable to order or use other features of our sites. If you experience any problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ANALYTICS AND LOG FILES BackShield gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. Like most Internet services, we use log files on the server side. The data held in log files includes items such as Your IP address, browser type, e-mail application, Internet service provider ("ISP"), referring/exit Web pages, computer platform type, date/time stamp, operating system, and other user activity. BackShield uses server log data to analyze trends, administer the services offered through the Site and the Site. IP addresses typically are not tied to any personally identifiable information. The software enabling the Site has associated log and temporary files that are stored on Backshield’s servers. These files store your account information, preference settings, system notifications as well as other data necessary to enable you to participate on the Site. Your information may also exist within regularly performed server backups. BackShield may combine this automatically collected log information with other information BackShield collects about You.
- SECURITY We are concerned about the security of personal information collected from all users of Our Site and have taken reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized access to that information. We care about the security related to Your use of the Site and use standard industry practices to safeguard your personally identifiable and financial information. We have implemented a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate to try to maintain the security of your payment information. While we employ security techniques to protect your personally identifiable and financial information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the organization, you should be aware, that "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet; third parties may unlawfully or improperly intercept or access transmissions, personal information, financial information, or private communications. As such, we cannot be responsible for the actions of third party "hackers" or other unauthorized persons that attempt to access data stored by or on behalf of us. SSL Internet connections are encrypted, and thus protect all credit card ordering information, including your name, address and credit card number, so it cannot be read in transit. We use secure technology, privacy protection controls, and restrictions on employee access, to safeguard your personal information.
BackShield may also share information with carefully selected vendors, business partners and other organizations that are not part of the BackShield family. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide special opportunities and offers to you.
- DISCLOSURE BackShield may occasionally access, preserve, and/or disclose personal information as required by law, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the law or with legal process, protect and defend our rights and property, protect against misuse or unauthorized use of BackShield’s Services, or protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. As BackShield continues to develop business, BackShield or affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company, or be bought by another company. In such transactions, personal information may be among the transferred assets. Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which we maintain facilities or conduct operations. By using BackShield’s Website, your personal information may be transferred outside of your country of use and/or residence. When an account becomes inactive, your information may remain in our computers, electronic databases, and archives, and may not be reasonably capable of expungement.
- YOU MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO REGISTER AT THIS SITE Although We encourage children to learn more about our products and our company, We ask that children under 18 do so only with parental supervision. Moreover, We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If We become aware that a child under 13 has provided personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, We will use our best efforts to remove such information from Our files. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS Users who reside in California can prevent future disclosures for direct marketing purposes of his or her personally identifiable information, at no charge, by exercising his or her "opt out" rights by using the "opt out" procedures described below:
You can send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, upon receipt of any electronic communication from BackShield, to unsubscribe from future communications, you can click on the link that says words substantially to the effect of "If you do not wish to receive these emails in the future, you can click here to unsubscribe."
Because BackShield provides its California users with the ability to exercise his or her "opt out" rights as described above, pursuant to Section 1798.83 (c)(2) of the California Civil Code, BackShield is in compliance with the California "Shine the Light" law and is not obligated to provide California users with the names and addresses of all the third parties that received personal information from BackShield for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.